Join our Team!
We are always keen to hear from people who are interested in joining us! We have a great team working across all areas of the business from sales, sales support, marketing, operations/stores and our 'in house' HETAS installation teams.
If you think you have skills that would benefit our business, please contact us we would be like to hear from you.
We will also post New Job Vacancies as that we currently have on this page.
West Country Stoves is based in Aveton Gifford, nr Kingsbridge right in heart of the South Hams, South Devon. Located close to some of the most beautiful beaches, picturesque villages, close to rugged Dartmoor and the maritime city of Plymouth - it is a great place to live and work. West Country Stoves is an appointed supplier for premium brand British & European stoves, fires and flue systems. The core business is the supply and installation of wood, gas, electric and bio ethanol stoves/fires to individuals and business partners within the dealership areas. There is a large showroom with over 50 stoves on display and a range of other associated products including fire pits and outdoor fires.
NEW FULL TIME VACANCY - CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES ADMINISTRATOR
We are excited to have an opening for a bright, enthusiastic and professional person to join our showroom team. The Customer Service/Sales Administrator is a key role within our busy team and has lots of variety too. If you enjoy a mix of sales, customer service and seeing a job through from start to finish, we would love to hear from you.
Our core business is the supply and installation of wood, gas, electric and bio ethanol stoves and fires within dealership areas. We work with individuals, building contractors and architects delivering a high level of customer service from first contact to the completion of the installation.
We have a large showroom with over 50 stoves on display and a range of other associated products including outdoor fires and fire pits.
Showroom Sales Role
- Providing stove product information and advice to showroom customers
- Booking site visit and servicing appointments with clients in the showroom and via telephone/email.
- Sales of stoves, fireside accessories, logs from the showroom.
- Managing and ordering showroom stock from manufacturers.
- Administration of stove orders and installation bookings.
- Preparing/sending invoices and managing payments.
- Stock replenishment, ensuring all areas of the store remain tidy
- Over the counter sales.
- Occasional days exhibiting at Exhibitions/Shows
- Saturday Showroom opening 10am – 3pm (rota approx. once every 4/6 weeks)
Skill Requirements and Aptitude
- Proven experience of face to face sales in a showroom environment.
- To always deliver a friendly service, with excellent communication skills and a willingness to always go that extra mile.
- Self-motivated to learn about the product ranges and understand the key selling points for each brand.
- Good computer skills including, emails, word, excel. West Country Stoves has a standalone booking/stock management system which you will receive training on.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team supporting colleagues in all tasks.
Being a small business we are looking for someone with a ‘can do’ attitude who is happy and willing to get stuck into all aspects of the business.
The working hours are Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm) although and there will also be approximate one Saturday (10am – 3pm) every 4/6 weeks.
If you would like to apply for the position of Customer Service/Sales Administrator, please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRAINEE HETAS INSTALLER
Are you hard working, enthusiastic and professional with some building or roofing skills? We have a new opening for a training position with our busy team installing wood burning, gas and electric stoves.
To be part of the team assisting with the installation of wood burning. Focus is on quality installations, attention to detail and and excellent finish to the agreed specification.
- Working at height to install chimney liners and twin wall systems.
- Ensuring that all installations are delivered safely and within Building/HETAS/Health & Safety regulations.
- Assisting our qualified Gas Safe engineer to install gas stoves & fires.
- Working Hours are 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday ( there may be opportunity for overtime during busy periods).
- Opportunity to undertake professional HETAS courses to become a qualified HETAS installer.
Most importantly we are are looking for someone who is hardworking, reliable, has good time keeping with excellent communication skills.
- General building skills/carpentry and/or roofing skills an advantage.
- Attention to detail and a positive approach to problem solving.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
As you will be working in customer’s homes it is important that you have good customer facing skills and are presentable.
Being a small business we are looking for someone with a flexible 'can do' attitude who is happy and willing to get stuck in! We are a growing business so there are future opportunities for the right candidate to have more responsibility, additional training or promotion.
- Competitive remuneration based on ability and experience.
- Holiday & Bank Holiday Pay
- HETAS Training Courses
- Staff Discounts
- Opportunity to take on more responsibility, training & promotion.
If you would like to apply for the position of Training HETAS Installer, please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
If you have any questions, prior to applying, please feel free to contact Andrew on: 01548 550400.